+ Cars of the Skoda Felicia brand
+ Maintenance instruction
+ Routine maintenance
+ Repair of the engine
+ Cooling systems, heating
+ Power supply system
+ Engine electric equipment
+ Power shafts
+ Brake system
- Suspension bracket and steering
General information and precautionary measures
Removal and installation of stupichny assemblies of forward wheels
Replacement of bearings of forward wheels
Removal and installation of racks of a forward suspension bracket
Capital repairs of racks of a forward suspension bracket
Removal, capital repairs and installation of the lower levers of a forward suspension bracket
Replacement of spherical support of the lower levers of a forward suspension bracket
Removal and installation of the stabilizer of cross stability of a forward suspension bracket
Removal and installation of racks of a bar of the stabilizer of cross stability of a forward suspension bracket
Removal and installation of a forward stretcher
Replacement of bearings of back naves
Removal, capital repairs and installation of racks of a back suspension bracket
Capital repairs of racks of a back suspension bracket
Removal, capital repairs and installation of pins of the back bridge
Removal and installation of the back stabilizer of cross stability
Removal and installation of the back bridge
Removal and installation of a steering wheel
Removal and installation of a steering column
Capital repairs of a steering column
Removal and installation of assembly of the lock of ignition/blocking of a wheel
Removal, capital repairs and installation of the steering mechanism
Replacement of rubber protective covers of a case of the steering mechanism
Removal of air traffic jams from a hydraulic path of system of strengthening of a wheel
Removal and installation of the steering pump
Removal and installation of external tips of steering drafts
Removal and installation of steering draft
The angles of installation of wheels of the car - the general information
+ Body and finishing of salon
+ Onboard electric equipment
Removal, capital repairs and installation of the steering mechanism
Assembly of the steering mechanism
1 — the Epiploon
2 — the Screw (7 Nanometers)
3 — the Spring washer
4 — a case Cover
5 — the Sealing ring
6 — Sealing laying
7 — Adjusting washers
8 — the Ball-bearing
9 — the Gear wheel
10 — the Gear lath
11 — the Plug
12 — the Lock ring
13 — the Case of the steering mechanism
14 — the Basic washer
15 — Pruzhina
16 — Adjusting laying
17 — Sealing laying
18 — the Cover
19 — the Spring washer
20 — the Bolt (7 Nanometers)
Case of the steering mechanism
1 — the Cardan intermediate shaft of a steering rack
2 — the Bolt (5 Nanometers)
3 — the Protective leaf
4 — Sealing laying
5 — the Epiploon
6 — the Nut (60 Nanometers)
7 — the Tip of cross steering draft
8 — the Lock ring
9 — the Protective cover of the spherical hinge
10 — the Ring
11 — Koronchataya a nut
12 — the Forelock
13 — the Left steering draft
14 — the Collar
15 — the Protective cover
16 — the Connecting link
17 — the Case of the steering mechanism
18 — the Rubber pillow
19 — the Collar of a rubber pillow
20 — the Bolt (25 Nanometers)
22 — the Right steering draft
Arrangement of components of steering with the hydraulic booster
1 — the Steering pump
2 — the Tank
3 — the Steering mechanism with the distributor and the power cylinder
The steering mechanism with the hydraulic booster
1 — the Power cylinder
2 — Rack transfer
3 — the Valve distributor
4 — the Tank
5 — the Steering pump
Shiberny steering pump
1 — the Rotor
2 — the Stator
3 — the Case
4 — the Cover
5 — a pulley Flange
6 — the Safety valve
Models without hydraulic booster
Rack transfer will transform turn of a steering column to the movement of the drafts turning the operated car wheels.
The case of the steering mechanism is made of aluminum alloy. Transfer consists of a driving shaft gear wheel and a gear lath.
The shaft of the drive of the steering mechanism is equipped with a gear wheel and installed in a case of rack transfer in two PLC 03-29/1 bearings. Assembly of a shaft is in continuous gearing with the gear lath which is rigidly connected to steering drafts. Rotation of a shaft causes movement of a lath to the right or to the left. Together with a lath also the steering drafts forcing to turn forward wheels of the car move.
The case of the steering mechanism from above is closed by the cover fixed by two bolts of M6x20. The cover is established on sealing laying. In the middle of a case the opening through which there passes the shaft of the drive of the steering mechanism is provided. For the purpose of sealing of assembly in an opening the epiploon 17х28х7 is established.
For the purpose of selection of a side play of bearings of a shaft adjusting washers 0.1 and 0.2 mm thick are applied.
The side opening in a case is also closed by a cover which fastens two bolts of M6x20. Under a cover sealing laying is established. Through an opening in the middle of a cover there passes the bolt intended for adjustment of a gap in gearing of a shaft with a gear lath. The provision of a bolt is fixed by a lock-nut. The required gap in gearing is supported by the sprung cracker and the equipped sealing ring 28х20.
The right side of a case of the steering mechanism represents a pipe in which the plug is put. In the plug the gear lath is located. The ends of a lath are connected to steering drafts.
Rubber protective covers protect the steering mechanism from hit of pollution, and also prevent an effluence of lubricant which filled a case.
The steering mechanism is attached to an arm by a cross-piece of a beam of a forward suspension bracket on two rubber support which are established in holders. Each of holders fastens by means of two bolts of M8x20. Both support, and holders differ from each other (components of the bigger size are installed closer to the steering mechanism).
Models with the power steering
Steering elements with the hydraulic booster are made by the TRW Dusseldorf company.
Are a part of system the rack steering mechanism united in one case with the power cylinder and the valve distributor, the steering pump, the tank of hydraulic liquid and connecting hydraulic lines.
Steering drafts are slightly shorter used on models with the manual drive of the steering mechanism. The full speed of a steering wheel (from an emphasis against the stop) makes 3.0 turns (against 3.6 turns in models with the manual drive). Reduction of speed of a shaft is connected with the smaller transfer relation of the rack mechanism.
In view of told, at failure of the system of hydrostrengthening steering continues to work, however demands applying of great efforts during commission of turns.
At the working engine hydraulic liquid moves the steering pump to the valve distributor of the rack mechanism. At the initial moment of turn of a steering wheel (prior to movement of a lath) there is a turn of the valve distributor and liquid goes to the corresponding cavity of the power cylinder. While the driver puts effort to a steering wheel, the valve distributor is displaced and liquid continues to come to the cylinder. As soon as the turn of a wheel stops, the valve distributor is displaced in average situation and supply of liquid in the cylinder stops (the pressure head highway connects to returnable). The pump at the same time continues to work in the single mode, freely pumping over liquid through the valve. Thus, the hydraulic booster constantly remains ready to work. If the driver, having turned out a wheel against the stop, continues to put to it effort in extreme situation, the valve distributor remains in the displaced situation and pressure of liquid will continue to influence the cylinder piston. At the same time the maximum productivity of the pump develops and the intensive warming up of liquid results from increase in its pressure. In view of told, it is not necessary to hold excessively long a steering wheel in extreme situation, risking to put the device out of action. Extent of strengthening depends sizes of the effort enclosed to a steering wheel - the stronger the driver presses on a wheel, the valve distributor is displaced more, raising a consumption of liquid and the power developed by the amplifier.
At arrival by a wheel on an obstacle (for example, a curb or a stone), the valve distributor seeks to be displaced in average situation, pressure of liquid decreases, and the effort to the steering drive increases. The driver seeks to hold wheels in the necessary situation; at the same time the valve distributor is displaced from average situation and sends a liquid stream to the corresponding cavity of the cylinder, without allowing a lath to move. Thus feedback from wheels to the driver is carried out.
The working path of system of hydrostrengthening is filled with special Pentosin CHF 11 S liquid in number of 0.9 l which at the same time carries out a lubricant role for components of the steering mechanism and pump. The hydraulic lines laid between the pump, the valve distributor, the power cylinder and the tank of hydraulic liquid are executed from metal tubes and rubber hoses. Each section is equipped with special nipple tips.
The main working element of system is the shiberny steering pump. The rotor with mobile plates rotates in the stator of a special form. During the operation of the pump liquid arrives from depression, gets to the camera formed by plates of a rotor and walls of the stator. Camera volume in process of turning of a rotor gradually decreases, pressure of liquid increases and it begins to be pushed out in on the connecting line in the valve distributor. At excess of the maximum admissible pressure the safety valve connecting a working cavity to the depression camera works. Pressure at the same time in steps falls. The maximum productivity of the pump is reached with a frequency of rotation of a rotor from 500 to 700 rpm. The maximum pressure developed by the pump makes 20 kPa. The drive of the pump is carried out by a multicostal belt, parallel to used also for the drive of the K/V compressor, the generator and the pump.
The power cylinder integrated with the steering mechanism and the valve distributor fastens to a cross beam of a suspension bracket bolts of M10x1.25 (unlike M8 bolts in case of the steering mechanism with the manual drive).
Are equipped with the power steering diesel models and petrol models of 1.6 l. Distinction consists only in a route of laying of connecting lines.
1. In interior of the car give fixing nuts and remove a foot emphasis assembly from a coupling pedal.
2. At the corresponding complete set unbend a carpet back, give the screw and a nut of fastening of a finishing casing of the basis of a steering column. Remove a casing for the purpose of ensuring access to the lower cardan hinge of an intermediate shaft.
3. Mark with paint or a marker position of the hinge of rather driving gear wheel of rack transfer, then turn out a coupling bolt of hinged assembly.
4. Give nuts, remove washers and release the sealing plate and laying established around a driving gear wheel.
The damaged laying is subject to replacement.
5. Firmly cock the parking brake, then a front of the car and establish to a poddomkratta it on props. Remove both forward wheels.
6. Take forelocks, then give nuts of fastening of tips of steering thirsts for stupichny assemblies. Release tips from rotary levers of naves - in case of need use a stripper of spherical hinges.
Models without power steering
1. Turn out fixing bolts and remove collars of fastening of the steering mechanism from a stretcher.
2. Separate assembly of rack transfer from an intermediate shaft and take it from under the car. Remove rubber pillows of support from the steering mechanism (pillows are not interchangeable). Take from interior of the car a sealing plate with laying.
Models with the power steering
1. For the purpose of minimization of losses of hydraulic liquid special clips or clamps press the giving and returnable hoses near the tank of the steering pump.
2. Having marked sockets, turn out nipple bolts on assembly of the steering mechanism (prepare drain capacity for collecting the following hydraulic liquid). Disconnect both hoses and remove sealing washers.
At assembly sealing washers are subject to replacement without fail. At once to a zakuporta the open ends of hoses and an opening in a case of the steering mechanism for the purpose of minimization of losses of hydraulic liquid and in order to avoid hit in system of dirt.
3. Release hydraulic hoses from intermediate clamps and take them aside from assembly of the steering mechanism.
4. Turn out fixing bolts and remove collars of fastening of rack assembly from a stretcher.
5. Separate assembly of rack transfer from an intermediate shaft and take it from under the car. Remove rubber pillows of support from the steering mechanism (pillows are not interchangeable). Take from interior of the car a sealing plate with laying.
1. Steering rack transfer is among very reliable knots of the car. Fail-safety of operation of the mechanism depends qualities of lubricant of internal components, conditions of protective covers, serviceability of balancing of wheel assemblies, and also sizes of a side play of the steering drive.
2. Distinctive feature of the steering mechanism of rack type is that any vibration and breakthroughs connected with violation of balancing of wheels, roughnesses of a paving and weakening of a pretightness of wheel bearings are inevitably transferred directly to a steering wheel.
3. For the purpose of performance of capital repairs assembly of the steering mechanism needs to be removed from the car.
4. After dismantle of assembly replacement or adjustment of level of oil in it can be easily made. Oil merges in way of removal of rubber protective covers from case flanges for what it is necessary to remove fixing collars previously.
5. Having fixed a bigger rubber cover, establish a case of the steering mechanism vertically and fill in in it necessary amount of oil of the required grade through an end face which shorter cover is put on. Establish the second cover on a case and fix it by a collar. Transfer a case to horizontal position and check it for existence of signs of leaks from under protective covers. In case of need tighten collars.
6. When replacing rubber protective covers it is necessary to turn off tips of steering drafts and to merge oil from a case. Now covers can be removed and replaced by new. Then fill in fresh oil in a case, fix collars and establish into place tips of drafts.
7. Dismantling of the steering mechanism for the purpose of performance of recovery repair or replacement of the failed internal components is made as follows:
a) Remove collars of fastening of rubber covers;
b) Unbend edges of covers and merge oil from a case in pure capacity;
c) Shift covers towards tips of steering drafts;
d) Unbend tags of flat lock washers, kontryashchy nuts on the ends of a gear lath;
e) By means of the screw-driver unbend deepening on the edge of the transitional plug in a lath flute;
f) Give nuts and disconnect from a draft lath;
g) Turn out two bolts of fastening of a side cover to a case, take a spring, a cracker and a rubber sealing ring;
h) Take from a case a shaft of the drive of the steering mechanism with the top bearing (clamp a shaft in a vice with soft sponges and pull for a case; in case of need use the hammer with soft brisk);
i) By means of a stripper remove the bearing from a shaft;
j) Take a gear lath from a case of the steering mechanism;
k) By means of the special tool take the lower bearing from a case.
8. After replacement of faulty components collect the mechanism:
a) Install the lower bearing of a shaft in a case;
b) Oil a lath gearbox and fill it in a case of the steering mechanism with the smooth party to a side opening;
c) Fill in a case a shaft with the top bearing installed on it and put assembly by blows of the hammer so that the lower bearing also appeared on a shaft (track that the top bearing had no course towards shaft teeths);
d) Grease edges of an opening from which the shaft acts as a small amount of gearbox oil, lay sealing laying of the top cover on the interfaced surface;
e) Measure distance between an external holder of the bearing and the top surface of laying;
f) Pick up adjusting washers so that their thickness corresponded to the measured distance, plus 0.1 mm (washers are issued 0.1 and 0.2 mm thick);
g) Establish washers (at first adjusting, then usual), grease a cover with a small amount of gearbox oil, establish it on assembly and attract fixing bolts (a carving of bolts previously grease with sealant);
h) Tighten bolts with the required effort (7 Nanometers);
i) Check freedom of rotation of a shaft, estimate the size of a side play of components of assembly;
j) Oil gearbox an internal surface of a side opening in a case of the steering mechanism;
k) Fill a cracker of a gear lath, a rubber sealing ring and a spring in an opening;
l) Oil gearbox the interfaced surfaces of an opening and a cover;
m) Establish a sealing washer and tighten two fixing bolts with the required effort (7 Nanometers);
n) Estimate mechanism side play size, in case of need make the corresponding adjustment;
o) Screw new transitional plugs on both ends of a lath and tighten them with the required effort (50 ÷ 60 Nanometers). For tightening of plugs screw lock-nuts and special nuts. Clamp one couple of nuts in a vice, tighten the second with the required effort and a zastoporta a lock-nut. Now clamp in a vice already tightened nut (together with kontryashchy) and repeat the procedure with the opposite plug;
p) Zastoporte of the plug, развальцевав their edges in flutes on a lath;
q) Insert in each of plugs on a plate;
r) Screw on steering draft a special nut a flat surface to a draft tip;
s) Grease a draft tip;
t) Install a lock washer on the reducing plug;
u) Screw the special nut which is put on steering draft on a carving of the reducing plug. Tighten a nut so that the deviation of draft required effort in 12.5 ÷ 20.5 Nanometers. Tighten a lock-nut with effort of 50 ÷ 60 Nanometers and block it a lock washer, I will unbend a tag of the nut, last on vents, and a lock-nut;
v) Working in a similar manner, fix opposite draft;
w) Establish protective covers on drafts and fix them by collars;
x) Pull longer cover on a flange of a case and fix it by a collar;
y) Fill in fresh oil in a case, then install assembly on the car.
1. Install rubber pillows of support on the steering mechanism, having developed them the flat party down. At installation it is necessary to observe the sizes given on an illustration.
2. Carefully smooth out the interfaced surfaces and establish from within on a partition of a motive compartment a sealing plate and laying.
3. Start assembly of the steering mechanism on regular старавшись not to damage at the same time a sealing plate of a partition. By means of the assistant achieve combination of the landing tags put in the course of dismantle and enter an intermediate shaft into gearing with vents of a driving gear wheel of rack transfer.
4. Make sure that rubber pillows of both support are developed by the flat parties to a stretcher, then establish fixing collars.
5. Clean a carving of both fixing bolts, then slightly grease it with the fixing sealant like Loctite 270. Screw bolts and in stages evenly tighten them with the required effort.
6. In interior of the car make sure of correctness of landing of a sealing plate concerning a case of the steering mechanism, then strongly tighten fixing nuts.
7. Make sure of correctness of installation of the cardan hinge of an intermediate shaft, then screw a coupling bolt of hinged assembly and tighten it with the required effort. At the corresponding complete set establish into place a finishing casing of the basis of a column.
8. Bring tips of steering drafts to rotary levers of stupichny assemblies. Screw fixing nuts, strongly tighten them and record new forelocks.
9. Establish to the place of a wheel, then lower the car on the earth and tighten wheel bolts with the required effort.
10. In conclusion check the angles of installation of forward wheels, in case of need make the corresponding adjustment (see the Section the Angles of installation of wheels of the car - the general information).
Models with the power steering