1. The refusal of a starter at turn of the ignition key in the relevant provision can happen on any of the listed below reasons:
a) The battery is faulty;
b) Quality of electric connection between the ignition switch, the traction relay of a starter, the battery and an electric motor of a starter is broken;
c) The traction relay is faulty;
d) Mechanical or electric damage of an electric motor of a starter takes place.
2. For check of the battery include head headlights. If several seconds later brightness of a luminescence of headlights decreases, therefore the battery is discharged and needs recharge or replacement (see the Section Check of a State and Battery Charging). If brightness of a luminescence of headlights does not change, turn the ignition key - if this time brightness of a luminescence falls, therefore current reaches an electric motor and the starter is faulty actually. If brightness of headlights still remains invariable and at the same time the click of operation of the traction relay is not heard, therefore malfunction actually of the relay or its electric contour takes place. If the starter rotates too slowly, and the level of a charge of the battery is normal, then or malfunction actually of a starter takes place, or resistance in a chain is excessively increased.
3. If there is a suspicion on malfunction of an electric chain, disconnect from the battery all wires (including the grounding tire on a body). Also disconnect an electrical wiring from a starter / the traction relay and the tire of grounding of the power unit. Carefully smooth out contact plugs, then restore initial connection of wires and by means of the voltmeter or a lamp sampler make sure available full tension on the plug of connection of a positive wire of the battery to the traction relay. Make sure of a grounding isprvnost. In order to avoid development of corrosion grease terminal connections of poles of the battery with acid-free vaseline - you remember that corrosion is the most frequent cause of infringement of quality of electric connections.
4. If the condition of the battery and all electric connections is found by serviceable, check actually a contour. Disconnect a wire from the knife plug of the traction relay of a starter. Connect the voltmeter between the end of a wire and well grounded point (for example, the negative plug of the battery) and make sure available of a power-supply circuit at the ignition key turned in situation START. If food moves regularly, the chain as it should be means. In the absence of tension check a condition of a chain.
5. Check of contact connections of the traction relay can be made by connection of the voltmeter or a lamp sampler between the food plug with the relay and the weight turned to a starter of the party. At the ignition key turned in situation START tension has to take place. Otherwise the traction relay is subject to replacement.
6. If the condition of an electric chain and the traction relay is found serviceable, the cause of failure can be covered in failure of an electric motor of a starter and further check lies outside qualification of the average amateur mechanic. Before asking for the help experts, carry out small marketing, having compared the prices of accessories to the cost of the new or restored block.